JLPOA encourages Lot improvements, BUT Owners must obtain Architectural Committee approval before proceeding per Article 6 of our Covenants to ensure “proper use, appropriate improvement, and harmonious additions, alterations and improvements within our JLPOA Community.” This is a simple six step process—submit application, survey as needed, stay within setbacks or seek variance, obtain county approval, provide building permits to JLPOA and request final inspection—as follows:
(1) Begin this process by completing and submitting the Architectural Review Application. Feel free to discuss your project with a Board member too, should you have any questions prior to submitting your application.
Important! Begin with JLPOA Architectural review prior to submitting plans to Fort Morgan. The JLPOA Architectural Committee will act on any application within 30 days. Some improvements/repairs do not require a permit from the County, but ALL EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENTS REQUIRE JLPOA REVIEW. Additionally, having JLPOA “pre-approve” improvement requests will save time with the County–especially if seeing a variance.
(2) Owners may be required to have property boundary lines surveyed. ALL DIGGING REQUIRES UTILITY LINES TO BE LOCATED 811 UTILITY.
(3) Setback requirements for Jackson Lake Village per Morgan County regulations are included in Fort Morgan Planning and Zoning Regulations (include hyperlink to FM regulations [on governing documents page] with note to see Appendix B, Table 1 on Page B-2 under zone type JLV). If project setbacks do not conform with the following requirements, Owners need to allow time to seek a variance first with JLPOA and then with the County of Fort Morgan:
Front 15 feet
Side 5 feet
Rear 10 feet
Shore 45 feet
Canal 25 feet
Max Lot Coverage (from structures): 35%
Max fence height: 6 feet (4 feet for front)
Max Bulding Height for Single Family Unit: 30 feet
Max building height for other structures: 20 feet
(4) Once you have completed JLPOA Architectural Review, you will then need to acquire building permits, and variance requests, if applicable, from Morgan County.
Morgan County Planning and Zoning (970)-867-8754
Fort Morgan Planning & Zoning Regulations (see Section 3-595 beginning on Page 83).
(5) Once approved, forward JLPOA a copy of permit and variance approval per the JLPOA Architectural Review Application.
(6) You must also inform JLPOA when the work is complete for a final inspection to ensure work was completed in accordance with the application.